4/14/2007

it has truly been a whirlwind of a week
margaritas, manicures, martinis, and a moscow mule
my life has been turned upside down
i was surfing on the most outrageous wave
when the undertow sucked me into disarray
out of my mind, out of my body, back together again

the coming days will produce even more confusion, delusion
yet clarity is slowly seeping into mind's abyss
tears, laughter, joy, sorrow, love and heartache are in store
if only i could rope the wind, rob a bank, and reach the stars
all at the same time so that i might feel in control
but for now, the current will continue to push and pull me about

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why can't you rob a bank? I'll drive the getaway car. With that kind of cash I know a little piece of land in the middle of the sea we could go in on together.