12/29/2004

Part II

more free write…
[It seems as though many of] my friendships have all turned stale. I do not know what to do about this; I am important to few, though fun to many. At a moment, I can be the center of attention and in the next, my existence can be forgotten. I know this must all sound selfish, but honestly, if this were untrue, why would I be writing this? Even my closest of friends keep things from me for one reason or another. I cannot hate them for it, but it hurts me. What are the requirements of one that he may be trusted enough by a friend so that nothing should be veiled from his eyes? I wonder, what are those requirements and where is the book containing their descriptions? On a related note, this must have been the worst Christmas which I have ever experienced. There is no exaggeration in my words, just simple despair. I know this all sounds so melancholy and ridiculously close the tiresome grumblings of the short lived punk-rock-emo era that was so melodramatic.

No comments: