7/19/2004

As I look at these age old walls-
These walls which have watched me grow-
I wonder if I have improved as a person,
Since I first arrived here many years ago.
I should at first think not-
But then I recall, and I think it is so.
These walls have indeed seen,
They have seen much, much of my life.
Though I was away for awhile,
They remained with me always.
I suppose I remained with them as well.
For they seem to have not forgotten me.

I wonder what these walls think of me...
I would be interested to know...
I think them to be wonderful,
Full of magic and splendor.
As they were always watching me
They filled my heart with overwhelming joy.
A sort of strength to me they were,
For their structure gave me support.

In great times of difficulty, stress, and sorrow,
Their strength remained, and ministered to me.
How can I ever repay these great watchmen?
I have nothing to offer.
Only to comment on their beauty,
And their generosity toward the vines.
Yes, the vines repay the walls for their kindness
By contributing the beauty of their leaves.

So I am thankful for these walls,
And their endless interest in me.
Nothing lasts forever,
Even walls so strong.
And forever, they shall not last,
As no being upon this Earth is able.
But, for the time that we are all here,
These walls will remain to be my good friends.
And I suppose that as I grow through't the years,
They will be here, watching, and waiting.

No comments: