5/19/2008

wonder

Often I have dreamed of traveling to a place where I might find love and rest. It is only natural to pair these feelings together, as attaining one often involves experiencing the other. These states of being, then, are the only words which can describe one’s actions in his pursuit to live. My quest for life is a poetic tribute to this notion; I find my rest in love and I found love through rest.


Perhaps the greatest companion is the one who not only knows your flaws, but also appreciates that you have them. When this phenomenon occurs, honesty shines and true relationship blossoms. From there a trust is built, creating something new and beautiful and full of life. Elation then nourishes the soul, ever growing and ever binding with another, forming an unbreakable bastion, built to withstand any tempestuous gale.


I gain strength from these principles. Strength and a desire to live and live fully. Whereas once I could not see a way out of entrapment, I now know there is light to be found at the end of an untraveled path. Though it bears deep into an uncharted forest, I can sense life, safety, peace. I am not alone. We are not alone. Together we shall trek the unknown and together we will arrive at rest.

No comments: