2/13/2006

breaking free

queen said it best

i want to break free from your lies
god knows i want to break free
and i did fall in love for the first time

i knew it was real, god knows
god knows i fell in love
but when it counted, time fell through

and the winds of fate ripped our sails
we sat idly upon the glassy sea
now late nights and good movies accompany me

and we all are experiencing this simultaneously
yet we cannot carry each other, we would drown
this beaten trail which reveals itself new to me

has pricked the beings of those long before me
and my superb vision is actually my blindness
i am young, though years are adding up

and my wits are only what i make of them
my tongue still sharp as it was the day it was forged
the acid of truth and realization burns in my stomach

the reflux of all that i wish were different surfaces
there is no cure of the living for this disease
yet i find my smile, i find my charm, my name

i fill my boots, and measure up, or i pretend
either way i satisfy the demand, of who, i know not
there is this providence, which, is in fact there

yet months can slip by, days are nothing apart
i will return, i think, someday, i hope, i plan
i want to break free

No comments: