12/17/2005

what do you think?

you do not know
you do not know me
you cannot possibly know

do not think that for one moment you know
you are pompous to think so

what passes through your eyes as simple
treads heavily on my soul, indefinitely
and you cannot possibly know

i will never forsake the bonds of true friendship
i do not care what others will say, gossip
for i know who has been there, who will be there
and who will not

as these frustrations mount, i can only think of one place
high up in the mountains i wish i could be, far from this
i long to be with company, yet i long to be alone
those who smirk at my ire are ruthless
heartless beings that matter none to me, eternity
their cruelty catches me not, i fly onward

brash you may call me, but then you have not called
so stuff your nonsensicalness and be through with me
for i was long before finished with you

i digress, i come to the end of this rant
it sounds angry i know, but it is laced with certain truth
i will go on, with or without, i will go, though i might fall
i will indeed fly before the end, i tell you, i will fly

No comments: