10/27/2005

A Tribute...

This mass of unorganized thought is all I can offer...

Here is a tribute to a man who I did not have the pleasure of knowing. At least personally, for I have been introduced to his spirit through others.

Through a man named Luke, I have met a great teacher and friend. I pray the blessings of peace and comfort from the Almighty upon all who have been touched by this man who has departed us. I recall something that I wrote when my high school Bible teacher was killed last January...

Oh teacher, time was stolen from you and yours
Your heart was quieted before its time
Tho' I know that the Father has called you home
Farewell to thee, oh blessed man who loved

I am shocked by the applicability that this has to the current tragedy. My heart hurts for my hurting friends, especially dear Luke. I am thankful, though, that I have come to know this departed man's kindness and love. Everything that I have heard about him has been made manifest within our loving brother Luke. He lives a legacy of his father's goodness through his own. My heart cries for you, my brother, and I am sincerely praying for your and your family's peace and comfort. May the God of Peace which passes all understanding surround your hearts with comfort. I leave you with this prayer:

God, hear my prayer,
And let my cry come to You.
Do not hide from me in the day of my distress
Turn to me and speedily answer my prayer.
Eternal God, Source of healing,
Out of my distress I call upon You.
Help me sense Your presence
At this difficult time.
Grant me patience when the hours are heavy;
In hurt or disappointment give me courage.
Keep me trustful in Your love.
Give me strength for today, and hope for tomorrow.
To your loving hands I commit my spirit
When asleep and when awake. You are with me; I shall not fear.

No comments: