11/18/2008

Let It Snow

There is nothing worse than hopping in your car around noon in late November only to find that the weather is pushing ninety degrees fahrenheit. On a day when one wishes to wear a delightful peacoat he is slapped in the face by an unforgiving sun which aims to perpetuate hell year round. What miracle am I hoping for this Christmas? That’s right, snow!


I have lived in the desert for my entire life, and I have seen snow here several times. This could be my year. I need it this Christmas. I so want the soft touch of life giving snowflakes upon my face, kissing my soul. Standing in the middle of a barren wasteland, I will lift my arms in expectation, hoping for the impossible.


Please dear God let there be snow! I will wait in anticipation, looking for the signs of the coming storm. May the crisp chills of ever glowing flakes sweep me away into a wintery bliss. I am there now.

No comments: